Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hockney Project

This is my David Hockney themed montage. I was inspired by his painting-like editing and effects on his photos that give them an almost mosaic feel. After studying his work for a bit, I decided my favourite was the Merced Valley because of it's unusual complexity. I went out and grabbed a caution sign; I wanted to contrast the common grey weather I have in my area to the vibrant yellow of the plastic. Being able to put it in a collage allowed me to capture this entire courtyard, and although life may seem dull sometimes, just like the sign we have moments of risk. Further more, by using yellow to compliment the grey, it gives it a relaxing feel instead of the boring effect plain colours usually have. To top the picture off I used a "poster" filter in photoshop to give it a rough and edgy look.

Merced Valley - http://www.hockneypictures.com/photos/photos_collages_02_large.php

Photo Credits to Martin Birchenko

No comments:

Post a Comment